The Narberth Run is this Saturday. All roads on the route (map below) will be closed to cars from 8:30 to about 10:15. It's been the same drill every year for 25 years - so don't be the person caught by surprise!
Online registration ends tonight (Thursday), but you can register in person on Friday, April 26th, between 5-7 pm in the Girl Scout Room (next to Narberth Library) or on Race Day from 7:30 – 8:45 am.
April 13 - Easter Egg Hunt
The Easter Bunny always makes an appearance at this annual classic, where children are divided into age categories to search for candy-filled eggs in Narberth Park. Don’t be late because the hunt only takes a few minutes of furious egg-gathering!
April 27 - Narberth Run
May 4 - NarbEarth Day
Calling all who want to celebrate and save our dear Earth! The 30th annual NarbEarth Day will be held on Saturday May 4th, from noon to 4 p.m. Come connect with the EPA, Clean Air Council and Citizens Climate Lobby, as well as local groups such as GMO Free PA, Providence Animal Center and Roughwood Seed Collection.
Presented by the Narberth Civic Association, the event will be held outdoors in Narberth Park, right next to the Narberth Community Library.. Walk over or ride your bike. A free bike valet will be provided! The rain date is Sunday, May 5th.
The event features:
● Feasting on locally-sourced organic food and beverages from JPM Catering and Events, Jules Thin Crust Pizza, and other vendors
● Test riding bicycles from Firth & Wilson Transport Cycles in the “pop-up” protected bike lane
● Participating in eco-friendly activities and crafts
● Listening to music by Grip It & Rip It
● Buying “pick your prize” raffle tickets for incredible prizes from local businesses
● Shopping for local produce at the “pop-up” Green Zebra Farm stand
● Reading about horticultural classes offered at The Barnes Foundation in Merion
● Brightening up your garden with new perennials from the Plant Swap and Sale
● Swapping toys, household goods, kids’ clothes at Lower Merion-Narberth Totally Free Items
● Purchasing books at the Narberth Community Library Used Book Sale
● Exploring the rich history of the borough with the Friends of Narberth History
● Planning for a sustainable Narberth future with Narberth 2050 initiative
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Visit http://www.narberthcivic.org and http://youtu.be/0-og5kG1DWE or contact Patsy Higgins at 610-608-2445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This was Tracy and Otis, back in 2012, when the Narberth bridge was closed for repairs. At that time, Narbs and Nearbs from all the surrounding neighborhoods came together to support our downtown businesses.
Until the upcoming inspection, we won't know if the current bridge closure is temporary, or whether the span needs to stay closed to cars until the new bridge is finished. What we do know for sure is that some of our local shops have already started feeling the pain.
The business community, the Borough Council, and the Borough office have started discussions about a joint response to the current closure, and to the inevitable year+ closure when the bridge is replaced. With downtown construction projects on the horizon as well, we want to be prepared to meet these challenges head on. Our goal is to make the process as painless for everyone as possible as we all navigate the streets and park our cars.
It won't be perfect, but together, as a community, we can get through this. Please look out for future messages about our plans, and for opportunities to be part of the solution. In the meantime, please start now, by making that extra effort to support your favorite shops and restaurants.
Stop at Le Petit Mitron tomorrow morning for a croissant, or get coffee at your own favorite spot. We're lucky to have some great choices, so let's keep it that way. And come out tomorrow night for First Friday. Tell your neighbors. Grab your friends. Wait for a table. Spring for a round. Buy someone a gift. And let's give our favorite downtown a little extra love.
News compiled by Ed Ridgway, NBA president, marketing consultant, and a COMPASS real estate agent with the Cindy Ridgway team.