Spring Clean Up Week 2019
Spring Clean Up Week 2019 is June 3-7. Also known as "Junk Week", this is the week that the Borough collects items which are not normally removed by the garbage collectors. Items that are NOT collected include building materials, hazardous waste, like paint and pesticides, appliances, and lawn & garden waste. See the collection schedule and all the details here.
The Official Answers to all your "Junk Week" Questions
Here is the official info on Junk week. If you have any other questions, call the Borough office at 610-664-2840.
The "Unofficial" Answers to all your "Junk Week" Questions
Spring Clean Up is next week. What should I do?
- Pull all the stuff out of your basement;
- Have a garage sale - get your neighbors to join in and make it a street party;
- Recycle items in good condition with your favorite charity;
- Put everything left out on the curb for your neighbors to browse through (see restrictions);
- Tour the neighborhood under the guise of "taking a walk" to see what good stuff your neighbors have. (A dog is useful but not necessary for this.)
- Leave it out there for the Borough to pick up.
- *** And Remember *** Do NOT leave bikes, scooters, or other items you want to keep anywhere near the curb this week. You don't want any misunderstandings about what is up for grabs and what you intend to keep!
What day does my street get picked up?
The schedule is here.
The schedule is here.
What about this item?
- TVs and electronics: Will not be collected. See the County website for info on electronics recycling, or watch out for local e-cycle events.
- Building materials: (wood, plaster, concrete, etc) will not be collected.
- Hazardous waste: paint that is still liquid, pesticides, etc, will not be picked up. There will be collection of Household Hazardous Waste in Lower Merion at the Lower Merion Transfer Station, 1300 N Woodbine Avenue, Penn Valley on Sunday, October 20, 2019 from 9 AM to 3 PM. More info and more MontCo collection dates
- Appliances: will not be picked up, however, air conditioners, refrigerators, etc, will be picked up for a fee on May 29 and June 25 (and, usually, the 4th Tuesday of each month). Register and pay online for this special pickup here.
- Rugs: must be tied up and cut into 4 foot lengths.
- Brush, lawn and garden waste: will be collected on May 25, and the last Saturday of each month
- No metals
- No tires